Frequently Asked Questions

One year from the date on the letter.

No, firms are responsible for submission of a new annual application before their one year expires.

No, but prior to award of any contract with the State, the firm must have a valid business license in Delaware

As noted in the definitions section, the firm must have provided oversight for all phases of a project and have a superintendent and/or foreman on payroll. Most work under a GC or CM (subcontract work within a single trade) would not qualify. Also, simple utility buildings and structures such as pump houses, storage, or waste water treatment plants do not qualify as General Construction.

Yes, but only if the firm is at risk (ie. holding the subcontracts). Hence, CM at Risk or CM-GC work qualifies, but CM Agency work does not.

There are 3 categories that apply: mechanical, plumbing, and mechanical/plumbing. In most projects, the combined mechanical/plumbing category is used, but on large projects the work is sometimes separated between mechanical work and plumbing work. Firms must clearly specify which category they are applying for, fill out an application for each category, and markup or breakout the costs on the submitted documentation in Part 2, section 5b.

See definition of sitework in the application. While some of the work completed on a road and/or bridge project fits within the definition (excavation, grading, foundation prep, stormwater), large-scale paving (milling/overlay, repaving) and bridge projects do not qualify.

The project must have been completed within the last 60 months to be included in the calculation for maximum contract dollar value. Projects which are in progress do NOT qualify.

The project qualifies as being complete if all work has been paid with the exception of retainage.