At each level (DD & Final) of the review process the A/E must submit a complete Project Design Submittal Package on the DFM Project Design Document Submittal Requirements Checklist to the DFM Chief of Engineering one week minimum prior to scheduling of the Project Review Meeting.
Design Development Review - State Agencies (checklist)
Final Design Review (checklist)
- The Chief of Engineering will assign a DFM Project Reviewer to the project.
- It is recommended that the state agency review ALL documents prior to transmittal.
- The assigned DFM Project Reviewer shall be afforded a one week minimum opportunity to review the submitted documentation prior to any scheduled meeting.
The DD Project Review Meeting, shall be attended by the A/E, the state agency representative, the Construction Manager (CM) (if applicable), and the DFM Project Reviewer. The DFM Project Reviewer shall facilitate the meeting with the A/E responsible for presenting his Project Design Submittal Package, answering any questions, discussing corrective measures (where required), and documenting the meeting discussions, comments, and agreements for package approval.
- The meeting shall be scheduled with the Chief of Engineering as soon as practical but no longer than two weeks out with all key parties (utilization of MS Outlook is preferred) with an allotted time of 1 (minimum) to 3 hours (maximum- depending upon project size) for the review, discussion, and approval or approval requirements.
- The DFM Reviewer assigned may approve or disapprove the submittal package at the meeting with required comments stipulated for approval prior to the conclusion of the meeting.
- If the meeting produces agreed upon revisions, changes will be made by the professional firm within one week and submitted to the DFM Project Reviewer.
- If the review is positive and continuation is agreed upon the A/E will provide meeting minutes with comments within three days.
- A formal Submittal Document Review Summary will be provided to the A/E by the DFM Reviewer two weeks following the DD Project Review Meeting.
A Final Design Review Meeting will be held prior to bidding using the procedure outlined above. The DFM Reviewer will forward a formal Submittal Document Review Summary to the Chief of Engineering and Operations. A letter from the Chief of Engineering and Operations will supplement the DFM Reviewer's Final Review Summary as part of the approval process and will be forwarded to the Agency with a copy to the A/E two weeks following the Final Project Review Meeting.